Frequently Asked Questions - PROVISIONAL PERMIT

Please select your question category


To apply for a provisional permit, you would need the following:

  • Minor Application Form (11 years – 16 years) or FLA Application Form (17 years and over) where applicable
  • 1 passport size photo
  • Tax Registration Number (TRN)
  • Licence fee receipt
  • Copy of License and current licence fee certificate belonging to primary holder
  • Authorization letter from parent/legal guardian (where applicable) & primary holder of licence
  • Letter from an approved FLA trainer stating that applicant is competent in the safe use and handling of the shotgun for the same gauge being applied for (letter of competence must accompany the application)

Track your application

Welcome to the FLA's Application tracker


Firearm Licensing Authority Headquarters
91A Old Hope Road, Kingston 6, Jamaica
(876) 927-5159-60 / 927-6057-59
Montego Bay Regional Office
Shop #9, Bogue City Centre
Bogue, Montego Bay, St. James
(876) 978-0245
Mandeville Regional Office
Shop G15, James Warehouse Plaza,
Mandeville, Manchester
(876) 927-6073 /(876) 927-6075
(876) 618-0487 (Digicel)