This licence an individual employed to another individual who is the holder of a FULB (Firearm User Licence for Business) to obtain permission to carry and use this firearm under conditions specified by the firearms act.
The Firearm User’s Licence Application form may be downloaded from the link below or collected at any of our offices across the island.
A single application form should be completed in the Applicant’s own handwriting and delivered to any FLA Office with following supporting documents:
- - Two (2) Passport photographs certified by a Justice of the Peace. NB: stamp should include the JP’s registration number. Photographs are to be taken on white background.
- - Two (2) recommendations from any of the following categories of persons;
- - Minister of Religion (must be a Marriage Officer)
- - Justice of the Peace
- - School Principal
- - Gazetted Rank Police Officer (not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent)
- - Attorney-at-law
- - Medical Doctor
- - Resident Magistrate
- - Member of the J.D.F (Major and above)
- - Member of Parliament
N.B. All recommendations are to be addressed to the Firearm Licensing Authority.
- - Proof of Age (Passport or Birth Certificate. Original and Photocopy).
- - Proof of Income (Original and Photocopy):
- - If Employed, take pay slip or letter of employment
- - If Self-Employed/Business owners, take a valid Business Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) and a valid Individual Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) is required where the applicant is a business i.e. a Company, Sole Trader or Partnership.
- - Original and Photocopy of both the Licence Fee Receipt and Fingerprint Receipt MUST accompany the application package.
- - Members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force and Jamaica Defence Force are to submit a letter from their commanding officer (to be enclosed in a sealed envelope).
- - A letter from employer authorizing the application
- - A valid Private Security Regulations Authority Registration Car (Copy and original)
- - Proof that your company is still operational and in good standing with the Private Security Regulations Authority
Method of Submission
All application Form(s) and supporting documents are to be submitted directly to the Firearm Licensing Authority at any of our locations across the island. Applications may be submitted in person or by registered mail.
All applicants are required to be fingerprinted on the day of interview. The date of the interview will be scheduled for up to the 10th working day (excluding weekends and public holidays) after receipt of the application by the FLA. Fingerprint Receipt is to be obtained at any office of the Inland Revenue Department (Tax Office).
Recommendations and Authorization Letters issued more than 6 months prior to the submission of the application will NOT be accepted.